We went to a science class yesterday on Air Pressure. We learned so very much! It is so fun to get together with friends in these classes! After class we always enjoy looking at all the science things on the floor.Valerie is always the brave girl and always holds this gross spider! She acts like she enjoys it...but I am not sure! Who could really enjoy this??!
Elizabeth & Olivia were able to PET the spider on it's back...however they were unwilling to hold it in their hands (very smart girls in my opinion!)They did feel brave enough to hold the shedded leg (exo-skeleton) of one of the spiders. I still saw some shuddering!
I suppose this is a huge start in the science world.
It seems that none of the workers there have a squeemish feeling over handling these spiders or any of the other "critters" that we see. Both Valerie & Elizabeth (and myself included) enjoy handling the snakes. Elizabeth did hold one snake around her neck...but preferred to just hold it in front of her. Valerie has no problem holding it around her neck. I am always amazed at a snakes strength as it wiggles!


Valerie & Elizabeth both really have fun watching the turles and tortoises. We had the priviledge of watching this big one eat lettuce! How fun! Did you know that a tortoise tongue is very similar to the human tongue?
3 comments:
I remember holding a huge snake around my neck when I was in preschool. I don't think that you could pay me to do it now! :) You and the girls are so very brave. I love the pictures, I can't believe how much the girls have grown. I can't wait to see all of you! Yay! Hugs!
Wow! You have very brave children. I love you.
I'll just say diddo to what Mother and Amy said. Wow...gross and yup, the girls are definitly growing up!!
Post a Comment