About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Family sock mystery




Today was such a nice day! It started off rather strange with Craig muttering this early morning about not having any clean socks. In my hazy waking up moments I pondered our laundry basket...it wasn't full, he shouldn't be out of clean socks...YET. Hmmm. Possibly I will need to do some laundry today. When I mentioned the fact about the laundry basket he agreed, it wasn't full and he couldn't find very many socks in it at all! The poor guy resorted to wearing yesterday's socks which fortunately were still fairly clean, and I got out of bed to ready myself for the day still pondering where all his socks went.

I had opened all our windows this morning early and had a nice swift breeze blowing through the house and decided I needed to get some socks of my own to wear for a couple hours due to the chilly morning. When I opened MY sock drawer, there I found ALL Craig's socks nicely put away in my drawer. The mystery was now solved, however I don't remember putting his socks away! I had a good laugh at this!



We had a good friend of mine, Sarah, over for the afternoon. It was such fun to catch up on all our news! My girls had fun playing with her 2 children, Karissa and Ethan. Her little boy was absolutely DARLING! He & Elizabeth had a lot of fun playing in the pool (even though it was chilly today) and playing with butterfly nets. They both came in with LOUD joy to tell me about the snake they found that got away from them! It was very animated! They also found a "malasander" "samalander" "salalander"

You get the picture? It was so cute!


Sarah & I had quite a few rocks to pick up out of the yard as Elizabeth & Ethan were rolling them down our hill or over the retaining wall in their attempts to look for the get-away snake. We had to have a small talk about removing the rocks in this manner.


This was the majority of my day! Just plain fun!


Have a wonderful evening!




Elizabeth drew this picture for her Daddy this afternoon. We all felt bad about his lack of socks and so she thought she would make him feel better by making a pretty picture for him!



I think it worked! He loved it!

Elizabeth & Ethan found this nest that had
fallen from a tree in our yard. It has been really windy!
They put it back safely for the birds to hopefully find again.
We know from our Sunday School lesson that we couldn't
keep this fun nest!

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a cute story! Your girls are so much fun and I love the picture that Elizabeth drew for her Daddy! Isaac went on vacation with my parents for two days, so my house is rather quiet this morning. I miss him already! I think that Liana and I will do some shopping today, though. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Rebecca said...

Your girls are so cute. They looked like they had fun with Sarah's kids. You didn't take any pictures of the grownups, though...whats up with that??

Our Favorite Song