About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I could see the birds!!!

Craig was showing us girls how to climb up the deer stand...
...he is so good at it!

My turn. First of all...SCARY!
At first I thought it was going to be super easy and fun!
Seriously, how hard can it be? Craig makes it look so easy
and people do this all the time, right?

It isn't a super solid thing as I realized once I got going.
Your weight set's it into the tree as you go.
You have to hang on to the top while you drag the
bottom up with your feet. Fortunately, I am quite
coordinated and got the hang of it, UNTIL I got
rather high when I somehow dropped a side!!!
That was very scary. I was sure that my handsome deer
slayer was going to have to rescue me from my scary heights
(which I found out afterward weren't as high as I thought!)
I somehow managed to regain my foothold and steady myself,
ONLY to have to now go back down. Uff-Da!

Valerie on the other hand was quite good at this technique!

Up she went with ease and found a nice place to sit!

Once I finally got up I decided to sit awhile and just
enjoy the sights. (Craig also decided to tease me and
let me sit by myself as well, and I WASN'T about to get down
on my own!)

5 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

How high were you?

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I FELT extremely high. Craig said not too high...I was juuust out of his range to touch me. I felt like it was SKY high!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I actually recall quite a bit of laughing coming from his end...

Rebecca said...

Poor Jess!! It looked like kind of fun, though :)

Melanie said...

I love it! You make me laugh, Jess! I can just picture the whole scenario in my mind. Craig reminds me of Matt here...having fun at somebody else's expense! :)

Our Favorite Song