About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Quiet Time's

The mood for the day is nice and quiet and cheerful. We've already gotten so much done!

I am listening to the quiet humming of my 4 year old as she plays with her homemade slime. Earlier I watched and listened to her as she sang and danced in a wedding dress to the "demo" tunes on our piano while I got our supper ready for tonight. She hasn't figured out how to activate the actual songs...we like the Frogger demo song best!

Valerie is feeling much better already today after 24 hours of medication. She informed me today that she doesn't like having strep throat and she feels MUCH better..."do I really have to lay down ALL day??"

Early this morning we decided that we needed to quit procrastinating and just get our weeding done. It was actually fairly easy to pull the now-tall grass from in-between our flowers! I think it may have been a good mistake! I am now thankful that I can see the beautiful flowers that I KNEW were in there somewhere!

All in all this seems to be a promising day! I am almost done getting our schoolwork organized for this schoolyear, and find that I am getting excited to begin again! It will be a nice afternoon to just relax and watch a movie with the girls!

I hope your day is going well!
God Bless!!

3 comments:

Amy S. Trosen said...

You sound like you are in a peaceful or maybe a reflective mood. I am so glad Valerie is feeling better. Are you going to watch Anne of Green Gables? Love, Mother

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear that Val is feeling like herself again! Today we have a showing at 2:00. We had one last night at 6:00, so there isn't too much I need to do, but it just means that I have to sweep and mop quickly basically. I'm a little nervous about getting two cats and a dog out of the house with Isaac and Liana by myself. It should definitely be an interesting sight! Beauty hates car rides anyway and moans the whole time. I'm thankful that we have a van! Ha ha! Isaac has been a really helpful boy this morning, so I'm thankful for a good start to the day. Pray that one of these people (or both) will make an offer!

Rebecca said...

You sound like you are in a nice, calm, relaxing mood. I'm glad Val is feeling better. It is so horrible to have strep! Did you get my emails from the other day? I had to get off the phone becuase I had to go to the bathroom. You should check your trash email area incase they went there. I love yoU!

Our Favorite Song