About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A tough job!

So after Mother hinted that our spare bedroom, in the basement where our family room is, wasn't very inviting, I decided to try and fix the problem. She thought that a first time Mother wouldn't necessarily like how it looked. We are IN THE PROGRESS of finishing it. All it needs is carpet and window trim. We had Craig's tools nicely placed on one side of the room, and the new cribs and baby things on the other. For the record...I would have put a child of my own in this room happily. There was nothing really wrong with it...just no carpet and a few tools.

Well. I have now moved all of Craig's tools into our utility room and worked them in, tightly I might add. It was a tough job, but I did it. Now I will hope Craig approves. I am planning on putting a simple curtain up, which WILL really look nice. The only thing I couldn't move anywhere was the stack of good oak slabs that we purchased this past winter. They have to lay flat to stay nice. They are stacked nicely in a neat pile which I've put under the cribs to keep them out of the way. It's the best I can do.

I will say that it does look more inviting, or as inviting as it can in a room without carpet.
Thanks for the help Mom! Sometimes you can't see little things when you are there all the time!
Now, how to talk Craig into getting some carpet! :)

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Isn't mother fantastic? I can't wait to see your room and how it looks. I hopeyou get carpet. I know the feeling of life without any carpet, and it is indeed a sad one! love you

Amy S. Trosen said...

Isn't mother nosy? That's probably what Craig will say :(
Let me know how it turns out. I love you, Mother

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Oh Mother! I am glad you told me. It looks really cute now. I hung the Pooh blanket that Grandma made me on the wall, and the star quilt, and I am planning on getting a rug from your house..if that's ok...

It really does look more inviting!

:)

Amy S. Trosen said...

Take a hundred rugs making less for me to move.

Amy said...

That room is going to look so cute! When do you officially start your Day Care? Hope all of your preparation goes well! Love ya!

Our Home to Yours said...

yay Jess! Having carpet and trim will make it seem MUCH more inviting and somehow safer and more friendly. I can say as a first time mom, the room didn't scare me...I'd be fine with letting Leah sleep in it.... but it just wasn't very comfortable looking. Having carpet/trim will make it much more so for other pickier moms than me! lol
Great job! Good luck with your daycare!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

I bought a little white lacey curtain today...It will be a lot more inviting with that up!

Our Favorite Song