About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Vacation Recap - Week 1

Breakfast of champions...powdered sugar donuts!

Their mall has a fun carousel that the girls both
enjoyed a couple of times!

Presents from our dear Grandmother "Mimi"

Valerie is the BEST babysitter ever!
Liana LOVES her!


Liana, such a sweet baby!


Pecan picking.
Nothing more really needs

to be said here...and yet I will!
There are 5, yes 5 pecan trees in my parents
yard. We are in the PRIME pecan harvest.
We awoke yesterday early morning to what
sounded like hail on the roof, it was the pecans
falling and hitting as the wind blew.
We picked 50 pounds in the FRONT yard alone....
We shelled for 2 hours and got one small bowl of pecans.

You see in this picture the process of picking them!

We were pulling into my parents garage after a
quick Wal-Mart run when Valerie, in a sudden frenzied
panic tried to climb out the back window (while the
vehicle was moving) shrieking the entire time,

"IT'S A LIZARD!!! LET ME OUT!"
We quickly got our camera, Uncle Bud and a handy
step ladder and safely retrieved our new pet!

Meet Ole the Anole. (He is actually a girl)


He is very facinating!


This is where we found him....up on the gutter.


It has been such a nice week so far!
Lots of games have been played.
Lots of food has been eaten.
Little sleep.
Wish you were here in the balmy Georgia weather!
It is supposedly going to be a mere 29 degrees when I
wake up...I will believe this when I feel it!
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Jake and Ashley Hodapp said...

Oh, it sounds like you guys are having such a great time! I'm so happy. You all deserve a nice vacation, and I hope your last week doesn't go by too quickly!
ENJOY your time with your family!

Karen said...

What fun! You make me wish that I could be there! Was Valerie shrieking in delight or fear?

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Very much DELIGHT! We had been looking for a little lizard since we arrived! It is now on the counter top... It is a very loved lizard!

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see what happens in week 2!!!

Amy said...

Soooo fun! I am missing all of you already! I am trying to get caught up on everything around here, we have a showing tomorrow, so that adds lots of work. It was just such a wonderful vacation! I love Georgia and all of you!!! Miss you!

Our Favorite Song