About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Interesting day & some homes

My Mother is just the cutest ever while mowing the lawn!
Bare little feet while cruising fast in circles!


The girls had a super morning scootering and playing
while Mother mowed before the sun got too hot.



So, at lunch a friend of Mothers came and said
hello to us. She was so tickled to finally meet all my Mothers children.
When Mother explained that I was her child and the girls were
mine, she immediately got her own sister over to where we were and asked her
how old she thought I was. She answered 15.
Hmmm...that would have made me roughly 6 when I had Valerie.
People really don't look that close at others, I have decided!
On the way out of that restaurant a HUGE locust landed on my
upper lip. A few inches lower and I would have had my dessert!
Here are some of the homes in my parents neighborhood:
This brick home was one of my favorites!
The bricks were placed in facinating patterns
instead of the regular way of just placing them in.



This next one is another of my favorites! I love stone!

Ahhh, and this next one is my parents home...
It's so very nice!

I really like how some of the mailboxes are:



This next one simply shows how the people have angled them
so that they are away from the curb slightly.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Okay, ewwww! I would have totally freaked out! You are so much more controlled than me. The houses are so beautiful. I just love Mother's neighborhood. I am so excited to see you guys!

Amy said...

Lol! You definitely had an interesting day! I would take that as a compliment on your youthful good looks! :) I can't believe that bug landed on you! I agree with Beck, with a resounding "ewwww!" I hate bugs! The summer reading program at the library has a bug theme this year. Therefore all of the books and songs are about bugs! Isaac told the teacher that spiders are scary, and the parents got a kick out of that! I guess he listens to me, after all. Whoops! I love your blog updates, it just makes the time seem to go faster till we can come visit! The homes are just gorgeous down there. Can't wait! Love you!

Our Favorite Song