About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memories & School work

Mom & I enjoyed a fun game together LATE after
everyone was in bed....

On our way today we went by the tornado destruction area
near my parents home. The tornado hit on Mother's Day.

Our sightseeing for today started at this home:
It was so beautiful!
I took pictures of a few things that really struck me.

This mirror was awesome! It was floor to ceiling (HIGH ceilings!)
This table was so great...I think Craig could build something like it.

The last inhabitants who lived in the home slept here.
It was an elegant bed.
I really liked these benches! I hope to have one someday!

Next was the Jarrell Plantation

This was such an interesting place to tour.
It shows what the old slave quarters looked and worked like.

The murals were fun!


Cotton Gin

It was fun to see a real cotton gin


A sawmill under the cotton gin building.
All the shade was utilized!

The girls really enjoyed this animal!!

This was the overseers mansion, a huge 10 room home.




There was such a peaceful river by the enterance.

We looked all day for an alligator, but had to be satisfied with
this family of bird-things. We did see a few lizards and
just a couple of dead armadillos.

All in all a good day. We got to see what the rich class people in the
Civil War timeframe lived like, as well as the more middle class.
The differences were fun to see!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What fun sightseeing you are doing! What game were you and Mom playing? I just can'y wait to see you guys!

♥ Craig & Jessica ♥ said...

Rumikub, it is a lot of fun! We'll have to show you when you get here!

Amy said...

What a fun day! We used to play Rumikub. I remember that it was fun! Hope you guys are having a great trip!

Our Favorite Song