About Us

My photo
We have been happily married for 19 wonderful years. God has blessed us richly with 2 daughters and a son. We are followers of Jesus Christ, and strive to follow Him faithfully! We believe the Bible to be the absolute truth!! We are a home school family who look to honor God in every part of our daily lives! Remember to live with a grateful attitude! When you start to complain or have a negative attitude...remember to praise God for Who HE is and the GREAT things HE has done!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Friendship

What a day today was! So many different things going on, it is fun to sit back and think about everything!

Craig & I are teaching the 3rd grade Sunday School again this year and today marked the very first 'normal' day. Last week was the actual first, but since it was kick-off we didn't have a normal class time. Our class is wonderful and we had a lot of fun learning our lesson today!

We spent our afternoon with our dear friends, the Yerbich's. They had invited us to spend time with them at their cabin up North of here. It was such an awesome time filled with many activities!

We shot guns at darling little targets. I haven't shot guns much in my life and found it to be mildly exciting...I can actually HIT the target accurately (most of the time.)

We spent some time grouse hunting. It was quite the hunting group...all 9 of us tramping through the woods (none to quietly) in search of at least a couple of these yummy birds to cook over our fire for supper. We ended up seeing 2, but not getting good shots at either...bummer! There is always next time...


The trees were so beautiful to look at as we were walking around trying to find the grouse. All of nature this time of year is so very pretty! We had fun looking for various wildflowers, we caught a few interesting frogs, and even watched little Mark pat on top of an interesting mushroom and make the sound of a grouse beating. The sound was so realistic!

We saw many MANY deer all afternoon. It gave the great deer hunter Dad's a lot to look forward to - when they start deer hunting!!

We ate as many smores as we could hold...among other tasty treats!! There is nothing quite like the joy of cooking a marshmallow over an open flame until you reach it's desired level of 'done'.

I feel so blessed at the friendship that God has given us in the Yerbich's!

I will be posting pictures of our day at a later hour...

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Friends are just wonderful! I am so glad that your sunday school class went well too. I can't believe it's hunting season already. How the time does pass! love you

Amy S. Trosen said...

Great day! Which eye did you close when you aimed your rifle? I love you, Mother

Anonymous said...

sorry i didn't get back to you sooner e-mail me at erin3girls@gmail.com and i will let you know the pw and login for our snapfish account

erin

Amy said...

What a fun day! I love being out in nature... It is one of my favorite ways to spend a day! Miss you!!!

Our Favorite Song